The purpose of the Group is to research and promote the study of the local history of Loders and district; in furtherance of this the aim of the Group shall be to: -
1. Research the history of Loders.
2. Record the present changing life of the Village in all its aspects.
3. Conserve, where appropriate, artefacts, documents, buildings, maps, photographs, oral histories and other items relating to the Group's objectives.
4. Publicise, publish or exhibit reports of work done.
5. Obtain, collect or receive money by way of contributions, donations, fees, subscription, legacies, grants and any other lawful method, and receive gifts of property of any description.
MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION
Membership shall be open to all residents of Loders and all persons interested in furthering the aims of the Group. Costs of attendance at meetings includes the membership fee.
LODERS ONLINE PARISH
This site has links to the following;
Census 1841, 861 & 1871
Parish Registers & Bishops Transcripts
Baptisms 1700-1715, 1731-1812, 1813-1880,
Marriages 1636-1812, 1731-1833
Burials 1731-1812, 1813-1880, 1881-1900
Protestation Returns 1641
St Mary Magdalene Monumental Inscriptions
ROLL OF HONOUR
Research was carried from 2013 with the primary objective of putting faces to the men who are remembered in the two world wars. Much more detail was obtained and this was put on The Eggardon and Colmers View website. Further information and links are contained on this site.
Roll of Honour